– Our History –
Stanley Park is opened by Mayor David Oppenheimer on September 27, 1888
The SS Beaver runs aground at Prospect Point (which at the time was also known as Calamity Point) on July 25, 1888.
Observation Point (summer house) is erected at Prospect Point.
The Vancouver Bicycle Club photographed at Prospect Point.
Signal Station is erected at Prospect Point, the highest site in Stanley Park, overlooking the entrance to Burrard Inlet on July 27, 1923.
Construction began on the Lions Gate Bridge on March 31, 1937.
The Lions Gate Bridge opens, officially known as the First Narrows Bridge on November 12, 1938
The current Prospect Point Lighthouse is built
Prospect Point Tea Room opens as a summer tea room (photo circa 1963)