COVID-19 – Prospect Point Update
Updated May 20, 2021
Ice Cream is now open at Prospect Point, featuring Rocky Point Ice Cream as well as offering locally roasted coffee and cold drinks.
We thank you for your continued support during this difficult time and we look forward to welcoming you back to Prospect Point!
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION:
At Prospect Point, the safety of our guests and team members is our first priority. We are adhering to all WorkSafe BC guidelines, the orders put out by the Provincial Health Authority and recommendations by the BC Centre for Disease Control. Below are details on the measures you can expect when visiting Prospect Point:
FACE MASK POLICY:
- Mask required zones are designated with signage and include all potential queuing areas including the ordering and pick-up area at the Ice Cream venue.
- Face masks or coverings are required in these zones for all guests over 6 years of age.
- Disposable masks will be available for those without one.
FOOD & BEVERAGE OPERATIONS:
- Currently, the Ice Cream venue at Prospect Point is open daily, with limited outdoor seating, following all COVID-19 safety protocols.
- The Ice Cream venue has an entrance (with hand sanitizer and signage reminding guests to sanitize their hands) and exit with appropriate directional/ground signage, ensuring one-way guest flow through the outdoor venue.
- Payments are encouraged to be made by credit and debit cards to minimize contact.
- Team members work behind plexiglass and food is passed through an opening at a designated pick-up area.
- All F&B seating is outdoors and has been spaced to allow for 2-meters of physical distance between tables.
- There is a maximum of 6 guests per table and guests are not permitted to visit other tables.
- High frequency cleaning, disinfecting and sanitization of seating, tables and chairs occurs every 30 minutes.
- All team members working in F&B wear appropriate PPE including food preparation disposable gloves and disposable masks, and have been trained thoroughly on how to use it properly.
- Only government approved F&B suppliers are used. All suppliers provide their documented health & safety precautions and COVID-19 workplace procedures.
- A Health & Safety Promise has been created for guests and is displayed at the venue.
TEAM MEMBER HEALTH & SAFETY:
- All team members complete a daily in-person assessment prior to each shift to ensure they are not exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms. Any team member displaying symptoms is immediately sent home.
- Team members are required to wear personal protective equipment including face masks, gloves and/or face shields based on the risks associated with their particular role. All personal protective equipment has been provided to them.
- Plexiglass has been installed where payment is processed, or one-on-one interactions require less than 2-metres of distance.
- Team members are provided with hand sanitizer and have been trained in frequent and thorough hand hygiene. Team members have also been trained on proper cleaning procedures, related to their department.
- Where possible, team member shift starting times and break times are staggered to allow for proper physical distancing in all team member spaces.
CLEANING & SANITATION PROTOCOLS:
- High frequency cleaning, disinfecting and sanitization of touch points and seating.
- All of the cleaning products used by team members are approved by Health Canada and are proven to kill viruses such as COVID-19.
- Hand sanitization stations are located throughout the vicinity of the venue. These stations are replenished daily and checked regularly ensuring there is always product available.
- Public washroom facilities with running water, soap and paper towels are available next to the facility.
With these measures in place, we are confident that we can provide you with a great outdoor experience at Prospect Point.